Youth & Family Minister
Categories Bible Expires: 16th January, 2024 Texas
Youth & Family Minister- Boyd Church of Christ
Job Type: Full Time
The Boyd Church of Christ is a loving and growing church about 45 minutes northwest of Fort Worth.
Responsibilities to the Church:
1. Actively support the overall direction and vision of the church, with a primary emphasis on how it effects the youth through teachings, events, and activities
2. Be active in the worship service through the service rotations (to lead opening prayer, communion thoughts, lead singing, scripture reading, etc.)
3. Help maintain the church website, Youth Facebook page and digital sign
1. Serve and work alongside the pulpit minister, deacons, and elders of the church
2. Participate in Elder/ Deacon meetings, if asked, and provide a report of the Youth Ministry quarterly
3. Attend men’s business meetings
Responsibilities to the church:
1. Coordinate and lead the Youth Ministry of the Boyd Church of Christ
2. Develop a relationship with the youth and their parents in the Youth Ministry
3. Recruit, organize, and train volunteers, as needed
4. Participate in a Summer Youth Christian Camp
5. Drive the church van as needed
6. Plan, coordinate, and lead teen activities by:
A. Creating a calendar of events
B. Developing and conducting spiritual events such as devo’s and retreats
C. Checking with other ministries of the church to avoid conflicting events / resources
7. Communicate clearly, through different modes, with all teens, parents, volunteers, ministers, deacons, and elders to promote youth activities, Bibles studies, and relevant information
8. Develop and maintain an annual budget for the youth ministry, to be approved by the elders
9. With regards to youth Bible classes:
A. Develop and oversee curriculum for middle and high school classes
B. Teach the combined youth class on Wednesday night, or as needed, recruit others
10. Partner with parents to be a resource as they seek to raise Godly children
11. Be a link between the generations (older members of the congregation)
12. Keep up with current youth culture and events
12. Provide books, articles, or other resources to parents on various issues that may arise in their family
13. Counsel with parents and youth in crisis and transitions
14. Study with students making faith decisions
15. Take advantage of continuing education opportunities through conferences (including the national youth minister conference), workshops, or other means throughout the year
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate for the Youth Minister position would be a married man with a heart for the Lord and teens, and one having a great desire to minister to children of all ages. Duties would include ministering to all youth. Candidates must be eager to partner with parents in leading their youth to Christ.
Qualified applicants should have a degree in Bible from a university or Bible institute or equivalent experience with emphasis on youth. Preferred candidates should also have a minimum of two years’ experience as a youth minister, an Educator, or as an Associate Minister with youth ministry experience. The candidate must be mature and tested in his faith.
We offer a competitive salary and opportunities for additional education opportunities. There may be economic opportunities for spouse also.
Boyd Church of Christ
we offer a competitive salary
Preferred candidates should also have a minimum of two years’ experience as a youth minister, an Educator, or as an Associate Minister with youth ministry experience.