Categories Bible Expires: 31st May, 2024 Kentucky
What we’re looking for…
- Someone pursuing God. A man of prayer.
- Dynamic & passionate speaker. Speaks with clarity, from the heart, and with humility. Displays an approachable personality and isn’t stiff-toned in the pulpit.
- Immersed in the Word. A lover of It.
- Builder of member relations through events, meals, conversation, and visitation.
- Relevant with all generations of the membership.
- Net-worker in community and with local churches.
- Holds political views privately and doesn’t share them in a church setting. The same expectation is held for any personal social media accounts, including his spouse & children 18 & under.
- Presents challenging messages to both the churched and un-churched. Messages should have depth, and be Spirit driven.
- Messages should be void of self-righteousness in view of commonly held Church of Christ beliefs. We don’t need pats on the back or to be made to feel superior with an attitude that we’ve gotten everything correct.
- An upholder of the vision communicated for the congregation by the eldership.
- Someone who isn’t expected to be the answer to everything.
- Someone desiring to grow and continue development through various events and seminars.
- Someone who will do either one brief in-home visit per week or will briefly host new residents, the un-churched, shut-ins or even our own members for at least the first year. Members are encouraged to help him by going with him and/or submitting contact info.
- The message at worship each Sunday. Occasional themed lesson series are expected. It would be great if messages could be collaborated on and planned in advance to go along with a membership reading plan.
- Teacher of adult Bible classes as assigned.
- Participation in staff/elders meetings.
- Availability for meetings with members.
- Have an online presence through creating videos/media content as needed.
Salary $50 - $60k per year based on experience
- Pray about it. Prepare your heart and mind and let God lead.
- Submit resume via email to Mtzion1852@aol.com.
- Submit two examples of messages previously presented. Links may be emailed to Mtzion1852@aol.com.
- Once reviewed and prayed over, the eldership and staff will conduct an interview if it’s believed you may be a possible fit.
- Based upon the interview, the elders will invite you to be a guest speaker if they continue to feel you may be a good fit.
- Following the preaching engagement(s) further discussion will take place among the eldership and staff and you will be updated regarding their decision.